THE 2016 LYNN LAKE GREAT NORTHERN PIKE FISH DERBY
ENTRY FORM – (ONE FORM PER PIKE MEASURED)
ENTRY FEE: $100.00 PER PERSON (MAXIMUM 4 ANGLERS PER BOAT ALL OCCUPANTS IN BOAT MUST BE REGISTERED IN THE DERBY)
DATE: SATURDAY, July 2, 2016 FROM 10:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.
Entry Form I.D.
||SAFE CATCH AND RELEASE TIPS
|1. Catch and release only.
2. Entry form must be purchased prior to the start of the Derby.
3. Judges will be on site at Berge Lake by the public boat launch.
4. More than one fish can be measured by the same angler.
5. A complete list of Derby Rules and Regulations are attached to this entry form, or available upon request to a Derby Judge.
6. All participants must wear life jackets while on the water.
7. All fish brought in to be measured will also be timed and initialed by the Judge and Angler. In event of a tie, first fish measured involved in a tie, will be declared the winner.
|1. Play your fish as little as possible.
2. Don’t hold your fish by the eyes or gills.
3. Don’t keep fish on stringers.
4. Don’t squeeze the belly hard.
5. Store fish in aerated live wells or a large container filled with fresh lake water while transporting fish for measuring.
6. Only live Pike will be measured.
|Full Derby rules and regulations are attached to this Entry Form, or are available online at www.lynnlake.ca, or upon request to the Town Office. Tel: 356-2418
ANGLERS – PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM BEFORE PRESENTING FISH TO A DERBY JUDGE
FILL IN BY JUDGE:
LENGTH (in inches):_____________________ Time Fish Measured:_______________
Derby Official’s Initials:__________________
The 2016 Lynn Lake
Great Northern Pike Fish Derby
Derby Rules and Regulations
Date: July 2, 2016
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Berge Lake, Berge Lake Provincial Park
This is a live release derby. The species is the Northern Pike (a.k.a. Jackfish). The prizes are awarded based on the length of fish measured from the tip of the pike’s mouth to the tip of the tail by a Derby Judge. Participants may launch boats from the public boat launch on Berge Lake.
Derby Rules and Regulations:
- ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE FISHING DERBY ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR LIFE JACKETS WHILE ON THE WATER OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE PART IN THE FISHING DERBY.
- Derby participants must commence fishing no sooner than 10:00 a.m. and have all pike they want measured brought to the Berge Lake boat launch dock no later than 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 2nd, 2016. A Derby Judge will only measure pike presented to them, and the decision made by a Judge is final.
- Only fish measured at a minimum of 20 inches in length will be eligible for prizes.
- The same Derby entrant is allowed to enter more than one pike for judging.
- Pike caught and brought in for measurement to a Derby Judge must be transported using a container filled with fresh lake water. Every effort must be made by the angler to ensure the fish’s survival during transportation, measurement and release. Only pike legally caught, brought in for weighing and released alive will be counted.
- Derby entrants are expected to be familiar with and abide by fishing regulations as articulated in the 2016 Manitoba Anglers Guide. Fishing licenses are available at the Conservation Office in Lynn Lake. Questions may be directed to the Lynn Lake Office of Ministry of Conservation at 204-356-2413.
- Derby entry forms are available at the Town of Lynn Lake Office, prior to date of Derby and at Berge Lake Fishing Dock on the day of the Derby.
- All fish brought in to be measured will also be timed and initialed by the Judge and Angler. In the event of a tie the first fish measured involved in a time will be determined the winner.
- The Derby boundary is defined by the lake itself and includes the Keewatin River as far as what a boat with an outboard motor may reasonably navigate. Derby participants may not enter pike caught beyond this boundary.
- All anglers purchasing a Derby ticket and participating in the event automatically waive any and all liability claims against any Derby sponsor, volunteer Derby organizer/Judge, or the Lynn Lake Chamber of Commerce Board and its membership.
- Live wells/boats will be checked prior to Derby at the Berge Lake boat launch.
- Derby Judges will only measure the Pike. The angler is responsible for placing the Pike in the measuring cradle and after Pike is measured, responsible for releasing the Pike according to Conservation rules and regulations.
- Under no circumstances is any one Derby entrant permitted to win more than one prize. If an entrant qualifies for more than one prize, they must choose which prize they want to claim, and will forfeit their eligibility to all other prize claims.
- Prizes are as follows:
Longest Pike: $10,000
2nd Longest Pike: $2,000
3rd Longest Pike: $1,000
4th Longest Pike: $700
5th Longest Pike: $500
6th Longest Pike: $400